Domaine de La Pinte was first planted in the 19th century. However, after the ravages of phylloxera, the vineyards were not replanted until the early 1950s by Roger Martin, a native of Arbois. Roger, a wine enthusiast and geologist, selected Domaine de La Pinte because it is situated on a band of blue marl which runs through Arbois to Château Chalon at an altitude of 400 metres. Twenty hectares were first planted, more than half with Savagnin, and the first harvest was in 1959. Today, Roger's son Pierre runs the property. Domaine de La Pinte's Savagnin vines are located on blue marl from the Jurrassic period, which is known to produce pure and fine wines with brisk acidity that are destined to be vin jaunes.
The winery is certified organic and biodynamic, and only native yeasts are used. This wine was aged in large old French oak barrels for five years.