Domaine de La Pinte was first planted in the 19th century, however, after the ravages of phylloxera, the vineyards were not replanted until the early 1950s by Roger Martin, a geologist and native of Arbois. Roger, a wine enthusiast and geologist, selected Domaine de La Pinte because it is situated on a band of blue marl which runs through Arbois to Château Chalon at an altitude of 400 metres. Twenty hectares were first planted, more than half with Savagnin, and the first harvest was in 1959.
Today, Roger's son Pierre runs the property, and has earned a reputation as one of the driving forces behind mindful winemaking in his native Jura. With 20 years of organic farming and 10 years of biodynamic practices under his belt, he leads a team that operate purely on a philosophy of minimal intervention.
His belief in biodynamics enables Pierre to coax the very best out of the region. The range is an excellent example of what Arbois has to offer; elegant and complex, always with the backbone of acidity for which Jura wines are known.