Your cart
Close Alternative Icon

Raul Perez

Raul Perez La Vizcaina La del Vivo 2018

$44.99

organic
unfiltered

Country: Spain

Region: Bierzo

Type: White Wine

Grape: Godello/Doña Blanca

La Vizcaína is a relatively new project from Raúl Pérez that explores the hillside crus around his hometown of Vatuille de Abajo. Four reds and one white are produced under the name, all from vines with over fifty years of average age.

Organic farming. Approximately 80% of the grapes are pressed and decanted, then fermented in 500-liter and 700-liter French barrels. That wine remains untouched in the barrels for one year. The remaining 20% of the grapes ferment with skins in clay amphorae where the wine then remains untouched for one year.  The two parts are then blended and the wine is bottled without fining or filtration.

Aromas of ripe peach, stone fruit, honeycomb and white flowers. Tension and saltiness on the palate, balanced by bright acidity.