Your cart
Close Alternative Icon

La Villana

La Villana Bianco 2021


no added sulfur

Country: Italy

Region: Lazio

Type: Orange Wine

Grape: Procanico

Joy Kull of La Villana in Lazio, Italy, is a Swiss-born American who grew up in Connecticut, and worked in the wine industry for a number of years before landing in Gradoli (in the lake region of Lazio) working as an intern with Le Coste. She started very small, making her first rogue vintage in 2015 and now makes 8 different wines and has several hectares planted to  ancient red and white varietals on a gorgeous amphitheater overlooking the Bolsena lake. Along the way, she married a local shepherd. “La Villana” is a derogatory local slang that shepherds use for farmers, thus describing her playful home life quite well. 

Grapes are crushed by foot and direct pressing for 70% of the fruit; the remaining 30% is macerated with the skins for a week. Aged in steel and fiberglass. There is a fleshy texture and viscosity to this wine. Aromas of lemon verbena and melon on the nose. On the palate, tropical melon and lychee, with a core of tart acidity.